Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Golden Girl: Donatella Versace Milan Home

ELLE DECOR USA April 2006

This place is a intense. Opulence, over the top, decadence, luxurious theatrics are the icing of the cake...Her Milan home has a life of its own. It could start up its own fashion lable.

Oh wait a minuite, it already has with Versace Home.

I wonder what kind of mood this place brings on when living in it, hopefully not the foul mouth temper we see of her in SNL: "Get OwUUUUT"


I bet she must gain alot of inspiration when in this place, it would be hard not to.
I dont know if this is a home that says fashions most fabulous designer or old granny, with an alleged $1K a day coke habit. (Star Jones taught me well)
Nice mural on the wall. Yah right!
Is nonna going to come out of bed this morning. This cannot be the fashion leaders bedroom, there is ZERO sex appeal.
The worst fabric I've ever seen. Where on earth does the opulence radiate in this room?
I'm feeling the Leopard throws. They are probably real.
Ok- This is a little bit better. The master suite with that Art Deco bed, along with the magnificent leadlight window.
Great bathroom, I love the use of excessive mirrors in there. It should be standard in all bathrooms across the globe.
I love what she says in the last picture about mixing styles, is what keeps things relevant and upto date, where as keeping the same style through out a home is actually old fashioned. I will remember that.

Overall I would have to say I liked it, there were bits of style overkill, but it is very Versace. I must say I will stick to Giorgio Armani.

What did you guys think of that?

I am going to have one of her best friends homes posted, most likely tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home