Sunday, September 10, 2006

Madonna's LA Mansion

Her MADGEsty's Castle

No comment on the unibrow. The 1920s hacienda used to be owned by Diane Keaton who is really cool, and has great homes. She sold it to Madonna for US$10.9M.
Great kitchen, I can just see Madonna there slicing open the watermelon and serving her kids. Oh wait...I forgot she has 'got a lawyer and a manager, an agent and a chef...'
I love the dining table, it is probably from a high end furniture design company such as Baker. Her home has a formal elegant feel, while still feeling homely and modern- with the abilty to just relax and indulge in it.
This is what I mean by keeping it modern and fun. Check out the leopard fabric on the pront of the cushions on the armchair. So Madonna.

I am however really sorry about the artwork above the fire place. Yeh, not feeling it Madge.

I love the blanket and diamond tuffed armchair is so beautiful and elegant, especially in the golden fabric.
Those books really warm up a room with terracotta tiles, I love armchairs and those again do not disapoint. Stunning, probably again from somewhere like Baker.
I am so the opposite, I couln't handle the kids pencils laying about. Which is funny because I am surrounded with children making a mess. I am particular, when I make my bed I dont even want to sleep in it.
The artcle is pretty good.Above shot and back shot of the house. You wouldn't think Madonna would have a place near the commoners. You would expect a huge estate like her English mannor.

What do you all think about the house?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home